Cross band issues

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
Brim

Cross band issues

Post by Brim »

Hi,

Our organisation uses software that has stimulsoft as a reporting tool. I'm not educated in stimulsoft to edit the reports, but i've learned a tiny bit by myself by editing templates that were provided by thee software supplier. Now i'm running into some (minor) issues that I was hoping you could help me fix.

In short, we're a tourism company and the reports I roll out are participants in a tour.

1) I'm using cross-bands to populate certain data values. These values have a name that I want to be noted once as a header on the column. At this moment I have it replicated for each line, but as I mentioned, I obviously only need it once.
2) The data that is populated in the cross band in each column shifts. I have found the issue in the source on why this happens, but I obviously can't change that for any data that already has been registered. Hence the questions if it's possible to force these datapoints to line up accurately (nationality under nationality, YOB under YOB, etc.)
3) I'm using a cross-header to outline some datapoints. All data points are adjusting by line, depending on the data it sources in the system. However, one datapoint is not populating dynamically ('adult') and remains this through the report, even though some of the rows should have a different value here. Any tips on how to fix this? Or would it be an issue with the datasource?
4) There are some lines missing. I've identified which lines they are and it's the same 2 kind of lines that are missing. One is anyone who's booked through a specific website. Only 1 (the main participant) is populated. The second is that all 'baby's' are not that are booked in a reservation are not populated in a line.

I've attached 2 screenshots of the design of the report and a excel download I got from it.

I have a feeling that the options to fix this are limited, as the architecture of the software system that utilises stimulsoft might be the limitation here, but I'd still appreciate your help. Perhaps some good tutorial or previous post that is about similar issues, or just a straight up solution. I'm sure you'd need some more info and I'm happy to provide you with anything you need to help.

Thanks in advance!

Mick
Attachments
Report result.png
Report result.png (74.67 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Report design.png
Report design.png (187.7 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Cross band issues

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces issues for analysis.

Thank you.
Brim

Post by Brim »

Hi Lech,

I've attached the mrt file. Not sure if this is what you meant by the sample report.

Thanks for trying to help.
Attachments
ReportSample.mrt
(17.53 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Arrival Complements.mrt
(42.41 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Last edited by Brim on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send also test data for your report. We can not run it without data.

Thank you.
Brim

Post by Brim »

Hi Lech,

I think I found it, added it to my last post.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

It is not the data. You attach your report twice in different formats - XML and JSON.

Thank you.