Problem with hiding a vertical line

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
consiliari

Problem with hiding a vertical line

Post by consiliari »

Hello there,

I'm trying to build an invoice report.
In this invoice report I have an optional column. I'm doing a layout with basically a databand that has a headerband and a footerband and within those bands I'm using text-boxes. One of those columns as mentioned is optional. Since I didn't find a "width grow to the next field"-setting I'm trying to hide that column as good as possible with workarounds.
My problem now is that it doesn't work with everything. See my attached image. I can't seem to get the vertical line (highlighted in yellow) to hide. I'm using a codition with an expression to hide it. I also doublechecked my expression by just printing it out (see red circle). My debug-print works finde and my header-textbox also hides just fine with the very same condition. But that vertical-line is giving me a hard time. Any advice on that ?
Attachments
stimulsoftProblem20211117.PNG
stimulsoftProblem20211117.PNG (174.12 KiB) Viewed 682 times
Max Shamanov

Re: Problem with hiding a vertical line

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

I have attached a report example, with a variable to help you hide your line.

Thank you.
Attachments
chrome_F1jv3ulf7D.png
chrome_F1jv3ulf7D.png (412.53 KiB) Viewed 656 times
HideLineExample1.mrt
(371.54 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
consiliari

Post by consiliari »

Hello there,

could you elaboreate a little more what it is you did. As I understood it, you created a Report-Variable and then filled it by using an Expression {Sum = Sum(Categories.CategoryID)} in the footer.
While a variable seems practical here, I'm not sure why my initial solution doesn't work and I would like to understand it to avoid future errors.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

In that case, we add a variable, because the column sum is calculated after the report is built, and the condition is applied before the column sum has been calculated. We turn on a property "double pass" to re-pass the report, the sum in the variable is known to us, now the condition is applied.

Also if you don't want to create a variable and turn on property "double pass", you can change expression in conditions to "Totals.Sum(Categories, Categories.CategoryID) != 0"

Thank you.
Attachments
Designer_OWY2z0yU7E.png
Designer_OWY2z0yU7E.png (173.29 KiB) Viewed 644 times
consiliari

Post by consiliari »

okay that explains it. Thank you for pointing that out.

Is there any advice on how to approach this within groups or multi-level group bands ?
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question. Could you explain your issue in more detail?

Thank you.
consiliari

Post by consiliari »

Hello Max,
I believe my initial question in this thread was sufficiently answered. I tried to rephrase my question in another thread. you may close thise one.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We are always glad to help.
Let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.