Error converting data type

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
David Renner

Error converting data type

Post by David Renner »

I'm new to StimulSoft and i am using the Ultimate version. Sometimes when i go into my datasouce and retrieve columns i get an error "Error converting data type nvarchar to int". The query runs fine and pulls the correct data. I can also add the columns manually and that works fine as well. Is there a setting or something i am missing? Its kind of hit or miss, sometimes it grabs the columns and other times it just errors.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Error converting data type

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please clarify which version are you use?
Also, could you send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis?

Thank you.
David Renner

Post by David Renner »

Our company bought a MIS that came with the embedded version of StimulSoft and i don't know how to get the version. We also bought the Ultimate version (2021.3.7 Aug 2021) and this is what i am using. The package also came with tons of premade reports. If i open one of those and click "Retrieve Columns" it sometimes works and other times gives me that error. This might only be happening when using Stored Procedures but i haven't done enough testing. So the problem happens with some reports that i create from scratch and some reports that the other company supplied us. If i "run" the query its fine. If i manually enter the column names, its fine.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

It is difficult to say something without a sample.
Could you send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis?

Thank you.