Variables from data issue

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
KDH

Variables from data issue

Post by KDH »

I am having 2 issues trying to prepopulate variables from data.
The first is that I want a dropdown that shows a list of order names but uses the ID as the key. I think I have this set correctly but when I click the drop down it shows the IDs in the list and when I select one it then shows the name. This is not very user friendly as they will not know if they pick correct option until after they select it. Am I missing something or is this intended behavior?

The second issue is that I want another variable drop down that will show the available versions based on the selected order number. I set this with a dependent value on version pointing back to order id, however when I select an order the version dropdown is empty.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here? Sample attached.
Attachments
Sample.zip
(28.32 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
KDH

Re: Variables from data issue

Post by KDH »

The first issue only happens in local app, in web forms it shows the names correctly. I also figured out second issue by adding another data source that has all versions and using that in my dependent column.
However there is a new issue where the URL parameters are not mapping to the report anymore.
Do URL parameters not default in when you change variable selection to "From Variable" that is tied to a data source?
For example in my sample I have OrderID and Version as variables, the web application runs the report and passes these variables in the url. It was working correctly for the previous version of the report but when I changed the variables to be dropdowns this stopped working and it prompts for the variables every time.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Variables from data issue

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

> The first is that I want a dropdown that shows a list of order names but uses the ID as the key. I think I have this set correctly but when I click the drop down it shows the IDs in the list and when I select one it then shows the name. This is not very user friendly as they will not know if they pick correct option until after they select it. Am I missing something or is this intended behavior?

That issue was fixed. Please check the next release build 2022.2.1 on the next week.

> The second issue is that I want another variable drop down that will show the available versions based on the selected order number. I set this with a dependent value on version pointing back to order id, however when I select an order the version dropdown is empty.

In that case, you should remove where a statement from Versions2 source - "where OrderID=@OrderID"

Thank you.