Null test in a rich text component

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
Negaton

Null test in a rich text component

Post by Negaton »

Hello,
My version is 2020.4.2.
I have a rich text with some calls to different fields.
One of these statement is :

Code: Select all

{(DateToStr(SaleDocumentLine.xx_Date_Livraison)==null) ? "" : "Livraison prévue le : " + Format("{0:dd/MM/yyyy}", SaleDocumentLine.xx_Date_Livraison)}
What I want to do is to display a text and then a caption if my "xx_Date_Livraison" field is not null.

However, when "xx_Date_Livraison" field is null, nothing is displayed in my rich text box : I mean all the other statements displayed in my rich text disapear, such as if my "== null" test above was not executed.

The field xx_Date_Livraison is a date time. In the above code, I try to convert the date in string and then test if "==null" could work. It doesn't work.
I have also tried "IIF" syntax.
I have also tried "==DBNull.Vale" instead of "==null" : it displays an error message "operator == can't be applied to type System.DateTime and System.DBNull"

Thank you for your help
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Null test in a rich text component

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please check the following expression:
{(SaleDocumentLine.xx_Date_Livraison==null) ? "" : "Livraison prévue le : " + Format("{0:dd/MM/yyyy}", SaleDocumentLine.xx_Date_Livraison)}

If the issue is still present, please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
Negaton

Post by Negaton »

Thank you for your help. Your suggestion does not solve the problem.
The report is a part of a big software, with an sql data base. Is there any way to give you something a little smaller thant all the data and software ?

In the same time I have tried another approach : I now have two components in the Body Column Band : the original Rich Text and a new text box containing only your above code.
It works for the data, but my new text box is wirtten in the same line than the following rich text box.
Original Rich text box and new text box are in a panel, without margin and with "anchor top" defined.
If this use of rich text and text box could work, it could be good enough.
Following is the render of the use of rich text box and text box
Thank you again for your help.
Negaton

Post by Negaton »

That's solved : I found the property that made the report not working (in french, it was "Agrandir à la hauteur" / "Growing to the max height or dsomething like that in english
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Thank you for the information.