Data Source Storage

Stimulsoft Dashboards.WEB discussion
MLirko

Data Source Storage

Post by MLirko »

Hi All,

I am trying to understand some of the fundamentals of using Stimulsoft and its handling of data.

I have a dashboard with a single data source (query based collecting data from a view) - the data results 14k records in 4 seconds.

As I added more elements to the dashboard the initial load performance got worse until it became unusable - there are now 68 elements on the dashboard.

I think I now understand that each element (KPI, Chart, table etc) calls up he data source view independantly. Can someone please correct me if I am wrong?
The way to prevent this is to 'Cache all data'. When previewing it makes a single call to the view, however, once the dashboard is published to .net it makes 68 calls to the SQL view when it tries to load.

Is it not possible to store the data source view in memory (run once on load and stored) and have each element call this single store instead?

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Data Source Storage

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please clarify which product and version are you use?

Also, you can retrieve all data in your backend code and then provide it to the report as DataSet with the RegData() method.

Thank you.