getting could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe version=4.0.4.0 when trying to connect t

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
bbakkebo

getting could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe version=4.0.4.0 when trying to connect t

Post by bbakkebo »

I am getting this error: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe version=4.0.4.0 Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

When trying to use report designer when trying to connect to a postgres database.
Sql/Access databases work fine.

I have installed .net 4.8 sdk, .net 4.7 sdk/targeting pack
VS C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable.

Reinstall/uninstalled the latest designer version 2023.3.4 several times

I tried to install on another machine and it then it works fine?
So really at a loss here?
Lech Kulikowski

Re: getting could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe version=4.0.4.0 when trying to conne

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

The issue is fixed. The fix will be available in the next release in the next week.

Thank you.
fosDev01

Re: getting could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe version=4.0.4.0 when trying to conne

Post by fosDev01 »

any update on when this update is due?
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

The next release 2023.4.1 will be available in this week.

Thank you.
richardt3

Post by richardt3 »

Can you confirm that the fix was added to 2023.4.1 as the error is still there and I don't see anything in the release change notes relating to to this issue
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Yes, that issue is fixed. Please try to remove the adapter from
c:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Local\Stimulsoft\DataAdapters\

Thank you.