Call external function from a BLAZOR report

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
dikan

Call external function from a BLAZOR report

Post by dikan »

How to call external functions in a BLAZOR report?

I have a function that I build in c# and I am using it in a WinForm report but now I have to use it for the same reports called from BLAZOR. Do I have to embed a function in a BLAZOR app or make it as a separate .DLL?

best regards,

dikan
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Call external function from a BLAZOR report

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Could you please send us an example of the project you are using to analyze?

Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

This example includes two of my problems with transitioning to a newer version of Stimulsoft. One is related to external function and the other one is related to Form (obsolete) in a new version which I suppose will gradually disappear as functionality and it is not working in a Blazor (I have to run this very same report in a Blazor environment).
Best regards,
dikan
Attachments
Example.7z
(8.75 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,
the other one is related to Form (obsolete) in a new version which I suppose will gradually disappear as functionality and it is not working in a Blazor
In the Blazor, you can use the Request From User variables or your own form.
I have a function that I build in c# and I am using it in a WinForm report but now I have to use it for the same reports called from BLAZOR. Do I have to embed a function in a BLAZOR app or make it as a separate .DLL?
To be used in Blazor the .dll must be built under NetCore and connected in the project reference.
You can also create and connect your own function in the report dictionary, please see the following links:
https://www.stimulsoft.com/en/documenta ... ctions.htm
https://github.com/stimulsoft/Samples-R ... 20Designer

Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Dear Sirs,

Your example was of great help. It works indeed in my case too, but it does not work during the designing process. So, how can I include my custom made function in designer during development?

Best regards,

Dikan
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question. Could you explain your issue in more detail?

Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Well o.k. I will try to explain a little bit longer. In previous posts I asked to solve problems with the external (myself built) procedures and using them in Stimulsoft Blazor reports. As you could review all this thread I received your instruction to look at code on GitHub. This code was of great help because my reports now work with my external procedure but what is the problem? Simple, it only works from programs that include both my procedure and report viewer but I do not know how to include my procedure in designer and build new reports and edit existing reports in Stimulsoft designer.

That's all.

Regards,

dikan
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Thank you