How can I save the report as a transparent png image not a white background?

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
myms

How can I save the report as a transparent png image not a white background?

Post by myms »

I am trying to save the report as a PNG image. It is successful, but the problem is that the background is always white. Only the background is transparent when exporting as a PDF file. Is there a way to export it as a transparent image, because I need it as an image and not a PDF file?
Max Shamanov

Re: How can I save the report as a transparent png image not a white background?

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
myms

Re: How can I save the report as a transparent png image not a white background?

Post by myms »

Any news on this issue ?
Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

By default when rendering a page transparent background is replaced by white. It is written in the code, there are no options. BUT! if you set the background of the page almost transparent color, for example 1,0,0,0,0, then when exporting will be almost transparent background. (in design time it will appear black, in preview the background will be transparent).

Thank you.
myms

Post by myms »

Thank you for your response. I tried it, but the results were not what I wanted. There are shadows under text boxes and other image frames, so the problem was not solved.
test-background.jpg
test-background.jpg (167.48 KiB) Viewed 12000 times
myms

Post by myms »

For comparison, this image is without a transparent background color
item-using-white-background.jpg
item-using-white-background.jpg (121.84 KiB) Viewed 11999 times
myms

Post by myms »

So, is there another solution, or at least will it be included in future updates, or should I find another tool!!!
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send us a sample that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
myms

Post by myms »

Hello ,,

I think the problem is in the .net library because the program on the Windows system does not show shadows, but when I save the report as an image through the library, the shadows appear. You can see the project in the attachments.
ReportAsImage.rar
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 492 times
Report-(3).jpg
Report-(3).jpg (927.97 KiB) Viewed 11682 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We have found some issues in the NET Core engine, we need some time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.