Collate dynamically

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
ginnifer.johnson

Collate dynamically

Post by ginnifer.johnson »

I know this is not necessarily new, but I'm struggling to find the answer. Is this possible: I have a report with two layouts. The first is almost always 1 page. The second layout could be multiple pages. The first and second layout are related, so they need to stay together. I want it so that if page 1 shows the summary info (layout 1) for project 100, subsequent pages show details (layout 2) for that project until the next project summary page begins.

Right now I can get it so that it prints all of layout 1 and then all of layout 2 or I can collate and have summary layouts followed by some or all or seemingly random detail layouts.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Collate dynamically

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can use several pages in the report with different layouts and show only the necessary by the Enabled property or Condition with the "Component Is Enabled" option.

Thank you.
ginnifer.johnson

Post by ginnifer.johnson »

Let me explain it another way: Project 100 has a summary page (layout 1) and a detail page (layout 2). Project 101 has a summary page (layout 1) and 2 pages of the detail page (layout 2). If I set the collate to 2, then the 2nd page of details for Project 101 gets cut off. Is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.