Unable to use Running Totals in Interpretation Mode

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
compuaid

Unable to use Running Totals in Interpretation Mode

Post by compuaid »

We have a complex report that we need to get running totals in a Footer for different groups.

What is happening is the running totals show up when running in compilation mode but in interpretation mode (required for .JS) the fields show up as blanks.

I have attached our report with sample data in the resource for you to reproduce the issue.

The issue occurs in the Fund10_Footer. If we can get the first column to work (the column consisting of Text120, Text140, and Text143 then we can use the technique to get the rest of the columns in that footer to work.

If you look at Text120 you'll see that what I am doing is creating a Running Sum that adds up items for the data field when the field OrderSegmentsCol = 10.

I've left the report in compilation mode for you to see the correct data. Switch to interpretation mode to see the problem.

Thanks!
Attachments
Projection_Report_Test.mrt
(374.9 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Max Shamanov

Re: Unable to use Running Totals in Interpretation Mode

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Unfortunately, at the current moment SumRunning is not working in interpretation mode.
It requires a very complex revision.
We plan to work on this problem after the major release (after the new year).

At the moment SumRunning can be implemented using scripts, but for C# and JS you need to use different syntax.
If you need it only for one report, we can customize it for you.
Full-fledged engine development - to make SumRunning work - will be done later.

Thank you.
compuaid

Post by compuaid »

Hi Max,

If you could customize the report I provided for JS I would appreciate it. I can learn from your technique and incorporate it again should we need the equivalent of running sums in other reports.

Thanks!

Brad
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We have analyzed your report. We have some questions about it.
The specified textboxes with SumRunning are on the last GroupFooter, but this Fund10_Footer is displayed only once at the very beginning of the report (due to the expressions in the Enabled property of many bindings),
i.e. these sums are displayed only once. Is this always the case, or is it just for this dataset?
If these sums will always be output only once, then you don't need SumRunning, they can be replaced by other functions.

Thank you.