MSSQL connection string

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
dikan

MSSQL connection string

Post by dikan »

I am using c# and Blazor along with MSSQL. My SqlConnection in application looks like this:

Data Source=MYPC\\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=30;Command Timeout=30;Persist Security Info=False;TrustServerCertificate=True;Integrated Security=True;Initial Catalog=MYDB"

If I leave it like this it will not connect through the designer to my database but if I delete from that string one backslash than it works with no problem.

My problem is that I am not able to remove one backslash from the connection string which I am sending to report before printing my report and my report appears blank from the same database with what I developed and preview shows data from the database. No error, no nothing. So I need to know if there is a connection string problem. I tried to put a connection string on my report to see what I have during report execution but I am not able to do that.

Please give me some advice on how to debut my report.
Max Shamanov

Re: MSSQL connection string

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

We have a single backslash in the connection string and the problem is not reproduced on our side.
We open the report in both designer and viewer and the data is displayed.

Thank you.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Well Max, your concussion is just what I wrote. If I have a single backslash it works for me as well. So the problem is when I have a connection string in my appsettings.json like I provide in my example. That connection string works for EntityFramework but does not work for StimulSoft report. Please if you are so kind as to instruct me where I can access my connection string in a report before I open the database connection. Maybe I will sort it out.
dikan

Post by dikan »

Ok Max. Consider this issue as closed. I found what I need.

Have a good weekend.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Ok.
Let us know if you need our help.

Thank you.