Some issues after upgrading to 2013.1

Stimulsoft Reports.Silverlight discussion
sabahat

Some issues after upgrading to 2013.1

Post by sabahat »

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to StimulsoftReports.Silverlight_2013.1 and I encountered some issues.
I tested it with the latest prerelease build: SL_v5_2013.05.17(2013.2.1605.0).
I'm using Silverlight client rendering mode.

First Issue:

When I have an image in my report in the windows designer and I save the report either using "CSharp file for silvelright report" save menu or using the "StiReport.SaveReportSourceCodeForSilverlight" method, the generated code does not compile:

Code: Select all

this.ReportResources.Add(new Stimulsoft.Report.StiReportResource("Image1.png", "Image1", "Image", Stimulsoft.Report.StiReportResourceType.Bitmap));

'Reports.Report' does not contain a definition for 'ReportResources' and no extension method 'ReportResources' accepting a first argument of type 'Reports.Report' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'StiReportResource' does not exist in the namespace 'Stimulsoft.Report' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'StiReportResourceType' does not exist in the namespace 'Stimulsoft.Report' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Second Issue:

When I have an image in my report in the windows designer, the report renders fine in silverlight preview but an exception is thrown when I export it to the excel file using the save menu in the silvelight preview tab:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiExcelExportService+HlinkData]' to type 'System.Collections.ArrayList'.

at Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiExcelExportService.MakeMainStream(StiReport report, StiPagesCollection allPages)
   at Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiExcelExportService.ExportExcel(StiReport report, Stream stream, StiExcelExportSettings settings)
   at Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.ExportDocument(StiExportFormat exportFormat, StiExportService exportService, Stream stream, StiExportSettings settings)
   at Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiExportService.DoExport(StiExportInfo info)
   at Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiExportService.StartExport(StiReport report, Stream stream, StiExportSettings settings)
   at Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiExcelExportService.StiExcelExportService_Closed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Stimulsoft.Controls.SL.StiWindow.InvokeClosed()
   at Stimulsoft.Controls.SL.StiWindow.popupClosed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)
Third issue:

When I have an image in my report, when I export the report to the excel, and exception is raised. I debugged your code using Reflector Pro and a null reference exception is raised in "WriteDGG" method in "Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiExcelExportService+Escher" class.

The exception is raised in the following loop:

for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)
{
	BiffImageData data = (BiffImageData) imageList[i];
	byte[] imageData = data.ImageData;
	uint dataValue = 0;
	int length = imageData.Length;

In my case the imageList contained 8 items which only in the last one the "data.ImageData" propoerty was not null.
Unfortuantly I couldn't reproduce this issue in a sample report for you to be able to check it easily. I just provided some info to give you some clue to what might have been gone wrong.
I will retry to reproduce this issue after the first and second one got resolved, because they stop me from going further.

I've attached a sample report for the first and second issue.

Thanks.
Attachments
Report.mrt
(30.22 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Alex K.

Re: Some issues after upgrading to 2013.1

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

The issues is fixed. Please check the next prerelease build.

Thank you.
sabahat

Post by sabahat »

Hi,

I checked the latest prerelease build and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your support.
Anton Lozovskiy

Post by Anton Lozovskiy »

Hello,

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.