how to hide cross-tab's row header

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
scoroop

how to hide cross-tab's row header

Post by scoroop »

Hello I would like to be able to hide Cross-tab's row header's value. I group in rows by 3 different columns and thie third one should be invisible. Unfortunately only the label can be hidden using Enabled property. The value unfortunately cannot. Would you help me to solve it? Please take a look at the screenshot.
I am using 2017.2.2 version
best regards
Attachments
cross-tab.png
cross-tab.png (5.02 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
Edward

Re: how to hide cross-tab's row header

Post by Edward »

Hi Scoroop,

Would you like to hide only the text value in all the columns? The easiest way to do it would be to set the font colour exactly as the background colour :) Not the prettiest method, but that will work in all scenarios.

Thank you,
Edward
scoroop

Post by scoroop »

Hello, perhaps I wasn't clear enough about the screenshot. That's what I've done - I managed to completely hide the header (as you can see the white rectangle between other headers) nad I set back and forecolor to the same value in the column. I also tried to set width to minimum (like 0.001) but this didn't work. I need some alternative :)
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please send us your report with test data which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
scoroop

Post by scoroop »

Here you go. Very simplified example. I want to hide the ID column in cross-tab but still want it to be the grouping param
Attachments
Report.mrt
(16.12 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
scoroop

Post by scoroop »

forgot - here comes the data file
Attachments
RON_Report.csv
(368 Bytes) Downloaded 179 times
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Scoroop,

Please find the attached report and the image explaining the steps I used there.

The brush colour is set to be transparent and the display value is removed for the data column. Ordering is done by the value instead.
Report_v1.mrt
(16.14 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
hide_the_column_values.png
hide_the_column_values.png (38.3 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Thank you,
Edward
scoroop

Post by scoroop »

Hello,
to be honest it doesn't work with my non-simplified report. I cannot set Display Value to empty. If I save the report like this the Value will be somehow transfered to Display Value later anyway (on opening the report in designer or during rendering the report). On the other hand your solution in simplified report is not what I need. I need to hide that column completely so adding a feature to hide it would be really nice.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

As a way, you can use the ProcessCell event for cells:
if (YourCondition)
e.Text = "";

Thank you.