Link formatting in HTML text

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
vineet

Re: Link formatting in HTML text

Post by vineet »

Hi Edward,

I had provided a sample MRT file as per my second post. I used Stimulsoft.Web 2017.2.3 and you can see the PDF that it generated. I cannot see it working. Do you want me to use the current version?

Cheers
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Vineet,

Please use the following approach and you do not need to update to the latest version as your version will work perfectly fine for rendering the hyperlinks in Pdf, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please change your expression to the following format:

Code: Select all

<p><color="blue"><u>https://www.google.com.au</u></color></p>
HyperlinkInPdf.png
HyperlinkInPdf.png (61.93 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
HyperlinkInPdf.mrt
(14.52 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
HyperlinkInPdf.pdf
(46.59 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Thank you,
Edward
vineet

Post by vineet »

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I appreciate you looking into this and providing an acceptable answer but it's unfortunate that it is not feasible for us (or most of the SAAS product owners). The links entered on our apps will always be <a href> tags. Currently when I generate the PDF as per my second post, it gets interpreted well as a link. But it just needs the colours and seems pretty basic to me that should have been included in the Stimulsoft rendering engine.

Why would I write a code to search for all links and replace them with <color> and <u> tags? That increases code maintenance and is non-elegant. I would appreciate if you could look into it from a practical perspective.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Vineet
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Vineet,

No problem, you are correct, there are currently some limitations with HTML tags rendering because of the challenges of rendering the native HTML tags in different platforms. The same mrt report template is used to be displayed in the same way across multiple technologies, and that is not a straightforward task to render the HTML as it is done by the browser in the viewer and then to provide great export results to PDF and other formats and on different platforms. There is no perfect solution for that yet. That is why the support of HTML is so limited. We are working on extending that support, and these are the reasons and the challenges as I mentioned above for different platforms: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=55897

So we would like to make the task you explained as a more straightforward approach quicker, but at the moment we do not have ETA when the new update of the rendering HTML engine is finished.

Thank you for understanding,
Edward