Issue with Angular Designer not disposing instance

Stimulsoft Reports.ANGULAR discussion
vitek.abeln

Issue with Angular Designer not disposing instance

Post by vitek.abeln »

Hello,

I was researching something interesting about the angular designer lately. I have an angular client with the stimulsoft designer and a .Net Core api which serves the angular app. Inside my angular application I route to the component which has the stimulsoft designer inside. When I have the designer opened and the first time I save the report with "Ctrl+S" everything is fine. When I go back to my main page the component with the designer should get disposed. When I press the "Ctrl+S" combination in my main page, I see a POST request is still being made to the API, as if the designer instance was still present. When I route again to the designer and open a different report, another instance of the designer is being created. And again when I press "Ctrl+S" instead of the 2 POST requests it was making before, there are now 4. Two from the current report and two from the previous. How do I dispose of the designer instance once I close my component? When browsing the "StimulsoftDesignerComponent" inside angular I only saw a constructor and no destructor. Apparently my component that I was routing to gets disposed but not the designer instance. Is there a fix to this, or is this a bug?

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards
Vadim

Re: Issue with Angular Designer not disposing instance

Post by Vadim »

Hello.

We need more time to prepare an answer for you.
We will let you know when we get any results.

Thank you.
vitek.abeln

Post by vitek.abeln »

Thank you for your efforts. It could be that just the shortcut key listener might be keeping the instance running. Something apparently is not getting disposed/closed. I hope to hear from you soon.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
vitek.abeln

Post by vitek.abeln »

Great. Hope to to hear from you soon.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We will let you know about the result as fast as possible.

Thank you.
vitek.abeln

Post by vitek.abeln »

Any news on this issue?

Best regards
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.

We will let you know about the result as fast as possible.

Thank you.
vitek.abeln

Post by vitek.abeln »

So after some time I wanted to research this issue again. I have been searching through the resource files of the browser and it seems that every time you instantinate the designer, additional JS scripts from the API are being loaded into the browser. If you open another instance the JS files keep just piling up. After some investigation the files get removed on refresh, but not when routing. I guess they don't get cleared out of the memory on route. I have overcome this issue to just refresh the page after exiting the designer.

Best regards
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Thank you for the information.