Rendering of watermark text

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
Lars

Rendering of watermark text

Post by Lars »

Hello,
I want to use different previews, a pdf-export and perhaps a direct print-function of a report with own watermark text. But the presentation changes dependent from view.
- Using StiPdfExportService with javascript ... all things seem to be ok.
- In a html-div (using javascript function StiViewer.renderHtml) I get different views dependent from zoom (setting StiViewerOptions.toolbar.zoom by javascript).
It seems that watermark isn't zoomed / scaled. Additionally watermark appears in the background and therefore parts of watermark are hidden (maybe because of the first issue).
- Watermark is not visible if I call StiReport.print().
- unimportant: In the preview of installed "Stimulsoft-Designer-2018.1.6-JS" (german language) the watermark text appears behind a data band (but with correct xy-position).

I'm using Chrome-Browser / Windows10.

Thanks
HighAley

Re: Rendering of watermark text

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Code: Select all

- In a html-div (using javascript function StiViewer.renderHtml) I get different views dependent from zoom (setting StiViewerOptions.toolbar.zoom by javascript).
It seems that watermark isn't zoomed / scaled. Additionally watermark appears in the background and therefore parts of watermark are hidden (maybe because of the first issue).
Do you use text watermark or image? We know about the issue with image, but can't reproduce the issue with text.

- Watermark is not visible if I call StiReport.print().
Sorry, we can't reproduce the issue too. Could you send us more detailed description of the issue with samples?

- unimportant: In the preview of installed "Stimulsoft-Designer-2018.1.6-JS" (german language) the watermark text appears behind a data band (but with correct xy-position).
Yes, the watermark is shown on the background. If you get any issue with this let us know.

Thank you.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Hello,
I'm using a text watermark.
I created a small test-project now (based on current Stimulsoft-js-example), my attachment contains changed files only.

Additionally:
- In screenshot you can see a small (scaled) text "Trial" and a big (not scaled) text "Entwurf" after setting zoom=25%.
- Text "Trial" is in front but text "Entwurf" is behind data band (but it should be in front of the table).
- Quick-and-dirty-test of report.print(): If I insert into Stimulsoft-js-example after

report.render();
additional code

report.print();
then text "Entwurf" is not visible in print preview of chrome. In my own project (with typescript) I have a separate button and make a single call report.print() only, and the report is shown in preview window without "Entwurf".

Thank you
Attachments
Watermark with not scaled text "Entwurf" behind data band
Watermark with not scaled text "Entwurf" behind data band
ViewWithWatermark.png (20.28 KiB) Viewed 3055 times
ChangesInStimulsoftJsExample.zip
Changed files of Stimulsoft-js-example
(7.92 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Sorry for the delay with answer.
We have got some problems with Watermarks.
We are working on this and other issues with the watermark.
We will let you know when we get any result.

Thank you.

Ticket reference: #5766
tpontow

Post by tpontow »

Hello HighAley,

how can one get Access or have a look onto this ticket with ticket reference: #5766?

Greetings
Thorsten Pontow
Thorsten Pontow

It is easier to write an incorrect program than to understand a correct one. (Alan J. Perlis, Epigrams in programming No. 7)
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

It is our internal ticket system.

You can send request and check status on stimulsoft.zendesk.com

Thank you.