How to select report and parameters in JS when using Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.NetCore

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
thoemmi

How to select report and parameters in JS when using Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.NetCore

Post by thoemmi »

Hello,

we are currently migrating our old full Framework ASP.NET application to new ASP.NET Core Web API backend with a React frontend.
I already have succeeded to adapt the Using the Web API with Angular sample to React. However, the report and its parameters are fixed.
Here's how I understand the flow:
  • the controller gets an initial get request, and StiNetCoreViewer.ProcessRequestResult responds with the required JS code. This endpoint is called only once.
  • Afterwards, my JS code calls StiViewer.renderHtml, which in turns sends POST requests to the web API to get the actual report.
So my question is, using Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.NetCore, is there an API where I can specify the report and the parameters in my client-side javascript?

Thanks in advance
Thomas
Lech Kulikowski

Re: How to select report and parameters in JS when using Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.NetCore

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can initialize the viewer controller with the required parameters and then load the report and assign parameters to the report object.
If you need full control over the report on the client side, you can use Reports.JS or Dashboards.JS product.

Thank you.