Sum() functionality

Stimulsoft Ultimate discussion
Naico

Sum() functionality

Post by Naico »

Is there a way to Sum specific tablecells? We're trying to build a report
where some cells are editable and other cells automatically calculate the entered
values.
Like User enters a value of 50€ in Table1_Cell23 and in Table1_Cell 24 should be calculated
25% of the entered value, and at the bottom should be a total from Table1_Cell23 up to
Table1_Cell193 (in steps of 10 so Table1_Cell23,Table1_Cell33,Table1_Cell43 etc)
The normal Sum() function does'nt seem to work since nothing happens and if i write
Table1_Cell23.Text I get the error:

The error of compilation is found in the 'report1' report:
'Reports.report1' does not contain a definition for 'Table1_Cell23_Text', and it could not find an extension method 'Table1_Cell23_Text' that accepts a first argument of type 'Reports.report1' (missing a using directive or an assembly reference?).

And if I write {Table1_Cell23.Text + Table1_Cell33.Text ...} the Cell remains Blank
HighAley

Re: Sum() functionality

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

You can't get a value of the table cell.
You are trying to do it for the compont of the report template. There is no any data.
You could try to use the same expression.
Also, you could try to use events to calculate necessary value.

Thank you.
Naico

Post by Naico »

Is there a way to recalculate the values if a user enters the values into the cells
where "Editable" is switched to yes? The cells got the Event "Get Value" but that
does only work for the first rendering.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Unfortunately, no. In this case, need to rerender report with new values.

Thank you.