GrowToHeight not repositioning other text fields

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
JoshS

GrowToHeight not repositioning other text fields

Post by JoshS »

I am trying to solve a problem with GrowToHeight. I have a number of text fields running top to bottom. One of these can have a long value.

In the preview everything below gets pushed down, which is what I expect:

However, when I run this export via C# render to PDF it doesn't work correctly:

When I tried this on my actual report, even worse than this, it just overlaps the fields:

I have attached a repro case. This is using Stimulsoft.Reports.Engine.NetCore 2022.3.5.
Attachments
ResizeRepro.zip
(113.21 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Kirill Klimenkov

Re: GrowToHeight not repositioning other text fields

Post by Kirill Klimenkov »

Hello.

We have reproduced the issue and need some time to make an improvement.
We will let you know when we get any results.
For now you can use the next code to switch graphics engine:

Code: Select all

Stimulsoft.Drawing.Graphics.GraphicsEngine = Stimulsoft.Drawing.GraphicsEngine.Gdi;
Thank you.
JoshS

Post by JoshS »

Thanks Kirill.

Am I right in thinking that Gdi engine is only supported on Windows hosted services and will not work under Linux containers for example?
Kirill Klimenkov

Hello.

It will work on .NET 5.0 with libgdiplus library. For .NET 6.0 it should work with the same library but there may be some issues.
https://www.stimulsoft.com/en/blog/arti ... ting-tools

Thank you.
JoshS

Post by JoshS »

Kirill Klimenkov wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:12 am Hello.

It will work on .NET 5.0 with libgdiplus library. For .NET 6.0 it should work with the same library but there may be some issues.

Thank you.
Thanks Kirill.

I've tried it with libgdiplus under Linux and I can render the report however it's not picking up my TTF files now.

var fontBytesBold = await File.ReadAllBytesAsync($"{Path.GetDirectoryName(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory)}/Reports/ClientInvoice/NotoSansCJKscBold.ttf"); ;
var fontBytesRegular = await File.ReadAllBytesAsync($"{Path.GetDirectoryName(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory)}/Reports/ClientInvoice/NotoSansCJKscRegular.ttf");

StiFontCollection.AddFontBytes(fontBytesBold, "Noto Sans CJK SC Black", System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold);
StiFontCollection.AddFontBytes(fontBytesRegular, "Noto Sans CJK SC Medium", System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular);
There's no errors, the fonts are being loaded fine, but they are not being used in the rendered PDF. This works on Windows fine, and also works fine on Linux in the default ImageSharp renderer too.

Does the GDI renderer only support OTF fonts? I tried OTF and that seemed to work, but the file size was much larger (3MB vs. ~400KB for TTF).
JoshS

Post by JoshS »

Kirill Klimenkov wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:12 am Hello.

Thank you.
Thanks Kirill.

I've tried it with libgdiplus under Linux and I can render the report however it's not picking up my TTF files now.

var fontBytesBold = await File.ReadAllBytesAsync($"{Path.GetDirectoryName(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory)}/Reports/ClientInvoice/NotoSansCJKscBold.ttf"); ;
var fontBytesRegular = await File.ReadAllBytesAsync($"{Path.GetDirectoryName(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory)}/Reports/ClientInvoice/NotoSansCJKscRegular.ttf");

StiFontCollection.AddFontBytes(fontBytesBold, "Noto Sans CJK SC Black", System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold);
StiFontCollection.AddFontBytes(fontBytesRegular, "Noto Sans CJK SC Medium", System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular);
There's no errors, the fonts are being loaded fine, but they are not being used in the rendered PDF. This code works on Windows fine, and also works fine on Linux in the default ImageSharp renderer too.

Does the GDI renderer only support OTF fonts? I tried OTF and that seemed to work, but the file size was much larger (3MB vs. ~400KB for TTF).
Kirill Klimenkov

Hello.

Please check the Embedded Fonts property is enabled.

Thank you.
Attachments
fonts.png
fonts.png (27.23 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
JoshS

Post by JoshS »

Kirill Klimenkov wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:32 am Hello.

We have reproduced the issue and need some time to make an improvement.
We will let you know when we get any results.
For now you can use the next code to switch graphics engine:

Stimulsoft.Drawing.Graphics.GraphicsEngine = Stimulsoft.Drawing.GraphicsEngine.Gdi;
Thank you.
Hi Kirill, is there any update on this issue?
Kirill Klimenkov

Hello.​​

We are still working on the issue.
We will let you know when we get any result.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

The issue is fixed. The fix will be available in the next release 2023.4.1 within one week.

Thank you.