Button to Show / Hide Not Working

Stimulsoft BI Designer discussion
tbagby

Button to Show / Hide Not Working

Post by tbagby »

Hi -

I am building a test dashboard and am attempting to show / hide an element via button click. I am setting Enabled property of panel (for example) to "False" and then using a button to set object property to "true" when we want to unhide. It doesn't work. However, I also set up the same where default Enabled state is "True" and a button to set object property to "false" and that works. The button to set to "true" then works fine, so long as the default state was not "false."

I saw this was addressed back in 2022 via viewtopic.php?t=60385. Has anything changed since then or am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-05-02 070007.png
Screenshot 2024-05-02 070007.png (16.23 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-02 070036.png
Screenshot 2024-05-02 070036.png (6.46 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Max Shamanov

Re: Button to Show / Hide Not Working

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Use also the Refresh viewer block.
Please check the attached image.

Thank you.
Attachments
Designer_YCWalepnUN.png
Designer_YCWalepnUN.png (43.41 KiB) Viewed 202 times
tbagby

Post by tbagby »

Thanks Max - that worked for the panel (but the contents inside remain hidden). I tried linking and locking the panel contents but they still remained hidden while the panel was visible. In any case, I did away with the panel and just set the properties of the contents inside the panel and achieved the same end result with your refresh tip. Appreciate it!
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

You are Welcome!
tbagby

Post by tbagby »

Hi Max - I wanted to revisit this again. I use the button to unhide filters to reduce clutter. Adding the refresh as you suggested worked and solved my issue; however, the refresh adds considerable time to the process as it has to load all visuals back up again every time a button is pressed. Is there any other option to move the Enabled state from false to true without a refresh? The button press from true to false works without refresh, just not from a default "false" state. Any advice is appreciated!
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is not possible without refreshing the viewer.

Thank you.
tbagby

Post by tbagby »

Thanks! We'll try to come up with an alternate way to interact with the filters rather than the buttons.
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

You are Welcome!