Donut Chart Indicator going to "0" after filter

Stimulsoft BI Designer discussion
tbagby

Donut Chart Indicator going to "0" after filter

Post by tbagby »

Hi -

We're continuing our pre-purchase evaluation using more real-world scenarios. We've connected our test SQL database and created a dashboard with a donut chart and some filters. The donut chart has a count indicator enabled. When we filter the chart however, the indicator value drops to "0" and never comes back unless "reset filters" is performed.

I tested the same on a different dashboard that is using an uploaded CSV rather than a SQL connection and filtering works fine both in the chart and the indicator, so it seems it has something to do with it being connected to SQL versus a stored dataset.
No filter applied
No filter applied
Unfiltered.png (24.88 KiB) Viewed 253 times
One filter applied (Loans)
One filter applied (Loans)
OneFIlterApplied.png (49.73 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Donut Chart Indicator going to "0" after filter

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
tbagby

Post by tbagby »

Thanks Lech. If I send you the report with embedded data, it will work fine. When I run the same on my end with Excel as the data source, the issue doesn't occur. Only with SQL. I wouldn't be able to effectively send that to you with the live connection due to firewall rules. If you'd like to see the behavior live, I am happy to demonstrate it and walk you through the build over a call / screenshare. Or if you have a SQL connection you can use for testing on your end, the build in the screenshot is simply a donut chart against a count of items with filter slicers (which cause the behavior). The SQL table contains 24,998 items in total. Thanks.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Could you send scripts for creating table and inserting several test rows?

Thank you.
tbagby

Post by tbagby »

Thanks Lech - this turned out to be an error on my part in the query string. Sorry for your trouble!
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Thank you for the information.