Summary Expressions

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
tourquse

Summary Expressions

Post by tourquse »

Hi,

I am trying to write a conditional SumIf expression where the condition compares column values to a variable.

I have gotten as far as the below expression, which returns the value zero. Can anyone please let me know where I have gone wrong?

{SumIf(DataSource2.Sales,DataSource2.WeekEndingDate == DateTo)}

DataSource is my data source.
Sales is the column I'd like to sum. The data type is decimal.
WeekEndingDate is the column I'd like to filter by comparing to a variable. The data type is datetime.
DateTo is my variable. The Data type is datetime.

Perhaps there is a syntax issue or a data type conversion issue with my expression?

Lech Kulikowski

Re: Summary Expressions

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
tourquse

Post by tourquse »

Hi, sample report attached. I am aware that there are other ways of solving this problem using filters and bands etc but I would like to solve this entirely within each expression as both a learning exercise and since it aligns with my real-life requirement.

I would like each text box in FooterBand1 to return the desired result that you should be able to understand from the context and my attempt at writing a valid formula :lol:

Thanks
Attachments
Report (4) (1) (1).mrt
(35.78 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question. Could you explain your issue in more detail?

Thank you.
tourquse

Post by tourquse »

Basically I am having trouble writing the 'Condition' part of a SumIf summary formula (see screenshot).

In the condition I am trying to match column values to a variable. I have checked that the data types are the same in the column and the variable.

The example report I sent through has some formulas in the FooterBand1 which don't return a value because I am not writing my conditions correctly. Can you please help me get those formulas to work.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-30 115049.png
Screenshot 2022-11-30 115049.png (31.89 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

You can use the following expression:
{SumIf(DataBand2,DataSource2.Calls,DataSource2.WeekEnding == DateTo)}

Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-30 093145.png