Local host Data source connections

Stimulsoft Dashboards.WEB discussion
Kenneth3

Local host Data source connections

Post by Kenneth3 »

I have a number of issues on my dashboard and I've been looking for solutions for a long time. Here are the problems:
  • First Problem: I've been having issues connecting to my localhosts as a datasource on two different SQL databases (MySql and MariaDB). Here's the connection string I use: (MariaDB)Server=localhost; Port=3323; Database=my_database; UserId=root; Pwd=my_password; (MySql)The same connection string but with a different Port, Database, and Password. I always get the error message: 'Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts'.
    • Second problem: I have a subscription to both Dashboard Web/designer and Dashboard Reports. I import some views from an external server as a Data source (and apparently these views contain above 9k rows). I create graphs/charts on my dashboard but each time I try to view the charts using the preview window, it shows a white screen and throws an error "Maximum data rows in one data source exceeded. Maximum 10 240. Upgrade your plan and get more possibilities for your report." See screenshot attached.
      • Third Problem: I create a slicer/filter of "Months" but it doesn't arrange the months in monthly order But when a particular 'Month' (example, April) is selected, the charts connected to the Filters/slicers show correct values. I then try to use the monthIdent() function and it arranges the 'Month' slicer/Filter in monthly order. But here's the problem- the various charts being connected to the 'Month' slicer/Filter do not show correct values when a particular month is selected. How do I solve these issues?
Attachments
Error message
Error message
IMG-20230417-WA0004.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 7907 times
Kenneth3

Re: Local host Data source connections

Post by Kenneth3 »

Any response to this?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

1. How do you run your reports? Also, please clarify that error occurs when both connections are added?

2. How do you run that report? That error may occur on our cloud service.

3. Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
Kenneth3

Post by Kenneth3 »

Its just a dashboard I am trying to design. I am trying to import tables from a datasource which happens to be from my localhost. I use two connections at different times because i assume that the issue might be from a particular connection/sql database. But I always get the error message: 'Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts'. Apparently connections are successful whenever i connect to a hosted server from my company. But i want to be able to connect to my localhost .
Kenneth3

Post by Kenneth3 »

Apparently i try connecting to another visualization software using the same localhost connection credentials and it works. So i wonder why it doesn't work with Stimulsoft?
Kenneth3

Post by Kenneth3 »

So i downloaded and installed the designer software on my local machine. I try connecting it again with the same localhost credentials but a new error pops up: error message "Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types"
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue on our test databases.
Could you send us test data that reproduces the issue for analysis?

Thank you.
Kenneth3

Post by Kenneth3 »

Here is the localhost credentials: Server=localhost; Port=3323; Database=Kenidecmariadb_local; UserId=root; Pwd=my_password;
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We have tested several MySQL (5.6, 8.0) and MariaDB servers and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Please send us test database for anlaysis.

Thank you.
Kenneth3

Post by Kenneth3 »

Hello, I'm still having these problems as i earlier stated:
Second problem: I have a subscription to both Dashboard Web/designer and Dashboard Reports. I import some views from an external server as a Data source (and apparently these views contain above 9k rows). I create graphs/charts on my dashboard but each time I try to view the charts using the preview window, it shows a white screen and throws an error "Maximum data rows in one data source exceeded. Maximum 10 240. Upgrade your plan and get more possibilities for your report." See screenshot attached.
Third Problem: I create a slicer/filter of "Months" but it doesn't arrange the months in monthly order But when a particular 'Month' (example, April) is selected, the charts connected to the Filters/slicers show correct values. I then try to use the monthIdent() function and it arranges the 'Month' slicer/Filter in monthly order. But here's the problem- the various charts being connected to the 'Month' slicer/Filter do not show correct values when a particular month is selected. How do I solve these issues?
Fourth Problem(New issue): The dashboards i created take much time to load (more than 5secs), which is too much time.

Kindly see attached mrt file and xlsl sheets used in creating the dashboard.
Attachments
IDECDashboard-Agg12.mrt
(306.07 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Top_Frequent_Country.xlsx
(201.43 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Result_46.xlsx
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
Charges_value.xlsx
(187.75 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Beneficiary_status_table.xlsx
(115.45 KiB) Downloaded 101 times