Text gets cut off on preview.Bug?

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
Nikopaj

Text gets cut off on preview.Bug?

Post by Nikopaj »

Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem with my report text formatting and could really use some advice. I don't know if its me, or a rendering bug at this point. Here's what's happening: some words in my text are getting cut off at the end of lines in one of the rows, instead of wrapping to a new line like they should. I've tried toggling all the usual options like "can break," "word wrap," and "can grow to height," but no luck.

Here's where it gets weird: I found some temporary fixes, like increasing the font size from "8" to "8.2", adjusting the max row width from "14.8" to "14", or switching the font from Calibri to something else. But these feel more like temporary solutions than real fixes, because I can't use different sizes or fonts in every report design.

I think it might have something to do with how the program handles fractions, especially at this specific length with a certain number of characters, it doesn't realise it need to break at that point and hides text instead. Has anyone else experienced something like this? maybe I am doing something wrong, help is appreciated.

Stimulsoft version: 2023.3.2

Thanks!
Attachments
settings-stm.png
settings-stm.png (299.37 KiB) Viewed 398 times
pirma skaidre.png
pirma skaidre.png (116.23 KiB) Viewed 398 times
2 skaidre.png
2 skaidre.png (115.69 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Max Shamanov

Re: Text gets cut off on preview.Bug?

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello.

Could you specify which version of our product you use?
Please, try our latest build and it you still have the issue, please, send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue.

Thank you.
Nikopaj

Post by Nikopaj »

Max Shamanov wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:28 am Hello.

Could you specify which version of our product you use?
Please, try our latest build and it you still have the issue, please, send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue.

Thank you.
Hello, we are using:
Version: 2023.3.2
Build date: 2023.08.12
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Did you check your problem on the latest release build?
Also please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue.

Thank you.
Nikopaj

Post by Nikopaj »

Max Shamanov wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:48 am Hello,

Did you check your problem on the latest release build?
Also please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue.

Thank you.
We updated the version, but the problem is still there, is there any available video chat option so we could show it live? We can't really send a report, as all data comes from our internal database, and report renders almost completely blank on export.(or maybe I just don't know how)
It truly seems that stimulsoft doesn't understand that text should break to the new line, even with "can break" "can grow" "word wrap" turned on. I attach some photos with original text input, so you could see how text fits container.
Attachments
antrasst.png
antrasst.png (48.1 KiB) Viewed 321 times
pirmasst.png
pirmasst.png (60.78 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Max Shamanov

Post by Max Shamanov »

Hello,

Please send us your request with a detailed description on support@stimulsoft.com.

Thank you.