Is formatting like this possible?

Stimulsoft Reports.PHP discussion
brobar

Post by brobar »

I've tried several times doing this with the example XML data and am having a really hard time doing it. I'm not even coming up close at all. It may not be possible... but if it is could somebody point me in the right direction?

Would it be possible to have all the products in the database spit out in grouped and named columns (3 or 4 columns wide) within a databand like the cut-&-paste example image below?

The closest example I could find would be your Multi-Column Group example but in that example the groups go down then across where I would need the groups to go across then down like in the image above.

I appreciate the assistance!

*** EDIT ***

I've been playing around with it and I'm a lot closer. I've attached the report I was working on. It seems that cloning is getting me pretty close. And I think I could just about get what I'm looking for if "Can Grow" and "Can Shrink" was working properly on the panel. If I set can grow... it really throws things out of whack for some reason. And if I try and set "Can Shrink" it crashes my browser every single time. Anyways... the attached report spits out the following example. You can see that it is REALLY close to what I'm looking for. The only part that isn't what I'm looking for is instead of putting the produce column on the 2nd line 3rd column... it wraps it down into the 2nd column and then puts Seafood in the 3rd column. What I would like is regardless of how tall or short each column is... that it only spits out 3 columns per line without any wrapping like it does below.

Well I'm closer. Can anybody help me tweak it? Or maybe Cloning isn't even the way to go... maybe there is a better way. Either way... I appreciate the help.

BTW... can you guys check on your end to see if setting "Can Shrink" on a cloned panel causes your browsers to crash? Don't know if it is a bug or not but it crashes mine every single time. I'm on FireFox 4.0.

Thanks again!
Attachments
1006.example1.mrt
(28.92 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please see modified report in attachment.

Thank you.
Attachments
1007.example1_modified.mrt
(27.91 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please see modified report in attachment.

Thank you.
Attachments
1008.example1_modified.mrt
(27.91 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
brobar

Post by brobar »

Thanks so much for the reply and the tweaked example. You guys are brilliant! Now I just need to find a way to hide the category name in DataBand1 and the products in DataBand2 if there are no products returned. I won't bug you guys with that... I'll work on it and get it figured out somehow.

Thanks again for all your help!
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Unfortunately, on current moment, it is not possible for Fx version.

Thank you.
brobar

Post by brobar »

Aleksey wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately, on current moment, it is not possible for Fx version.

Thank you.
That's alright. The way I worked around it was to just adjust my query to where the data source would only return categories that had corresponding products. Not that hard. =)
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Ok.
Let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.