How does this happen? Bug?

Stimulsoft Reports.PHP discussion
brobar

Post by brobar »

Since currency formatting like ({Format("{0:C}", quoteTable.projTotal)}) was not giving me comas in the output... I started employing the workaround you guys gave me which was to use ({Replace(Format("{0:C}", quoteTable.projTotal), " ", ",")}) instead. That has worked pretty well up until I found the following bug.

There is a value that is being pulled from my database which is 41428.57. When formatting it using the above example ({Replace(Format("{0:C}", quoteTable.projTotal), " ", ",")}) it spits out $41,428.56 (a penny less than what the total should be). I figured this might have something to do with the decimal rounding of the value pulled from the MySQL database so I tried it hard coded by doing this:
({Replace(Format("{0:C}", 41428.57), " ", ",")}) and lo and behold it STILL formats it as 41428.56. How does that happen? And the weird part is it doesn't do that with *every* number so it may be a tough bug to track down.

Here are a couple of screenshots and an example report.

This really puts us in a bind since the currency formatting isn't working like expected and the only workaround we have isn't working like expected either. hehe Hopefully you guys can get this fixed. Thanks.

Attachments
1018.HowDoesThisHappen.mrt
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
brobar

Post by brobar »

Guess all I needed to do was upgrade. I was using 2011.2.1002. I downloaded 2011.2.1006 and ran the same report and it works fine there. So disregard... I guess that bug was squashed in later versions. =)
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Yes, this bug was fixed some week ago.
Let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.