Watermark (images) not showing up in preview or printed/saved reports

Stimulsoft Reports.PHP discussion
brobar

Post by brobar »

I've tried this in Stimulsoft Reports.Fx for PHP 2010.3 and Stimulsoft Reports.Fx for PHP 2011.03.22 with the same results.

If I...

1. Load a new report
2. Click on page
3. Under "Page" in properties I expand "Watermark"
4. Click on the Browser button next to "image"
5. Click on "Open"
6. Browse for an image
7. Select the image
8. Click on "Close"

it shows the image in the designer (even though I can't seem to get the transparency to work at all). It also allows me to send the watermark above or below everything in the report.

Now if I...
9. Click on Preview

it doesn't show the watermark at all in the preview

And if I...
10. Click on "Print" or "Save"

in the printed or saved report the watermark doesn't show up in that either.

Am I doing something wrong to get watermark [images] to show up properly in a report? This doesn't even seem to work in the demo you have online either. Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong here.

Thanks,

-brobar
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

We fixed errors with images in watermarks, the update will be available on the next week.

Thank you.
brobar

Post by brobar »

With version 2011.2.1002 AND on the online demos... I've noticed that watermark images are not being exported to PDF. They show up fine in the designer... and they also show up fine in the Preview pane... but as soon as I export to PDF the watermark image does not appear in the PDF when I open it. And if I save the Report with a watermark image and load just the report in viewer... it doesn't show the watermark before or after export.

When you said the errors were fixed... it looks like it was fixed so it shows up in Preview... but I'm still unable to actually "save" to PDF and have the watermark still show up. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. We didn't have time to wait so we went ahead and worked around it. I was using the watermark feature to put a full image in the background which had header and footer images. Since the watermark isn't working on export the way we worked around it for the time being was adjust our margins to zero all the way around, put an image in a header and footer, then manually move in every single element in every datagrid to give the appearance of margins. So no hurry on the fix since we found a workaround... but I thought I should let you guys know so you can get it fixed in a future release.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

We have reproduced this error and will try to fix it at the next week.

Thank you.
brobar

Post by brobar »

Just a note that when this is fixed... it needs to be fixed for watermark text as well as watermark images. I just tried doing a text watermark and just like the images... they show up in the designer and in the previewer but are not actually exported when saving to PDF. Just a heads up.

Thanks.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

We are currently working on this problem, and the export of watermark should appear in the next prerelease build on May, 24.

Thank you.