Input parameters

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
hunter

Input parameters

Post by hunter »

I see a few mentions about being about to request an input parameter from a user (ie date range) but i can not find any reference in the docs. How is this done in the Designer? Can I also pass values from my form to the viewer?

I also see a property in the designer for scripting language. Where can i use scripting? - Some of my data in the database requires Base64 and AES decrypt/decoding. The scripting sounds like what i am after to decrypt it. Either that or the DataBinding event - but that doesn't seem to fire.

Am I missing something with regards to the documentation? There seems to be a lot of undocumented features. I've looked at the user manual, article, knowledgebase, and forum but I am unable to find information on many items.
Alex K.

Input parameters

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,
hunter wrote:I see a few mentions about being about to request an input parameter from a user (ie date range) but i can not find any reference in the docs. How is this done in the Designer? Can I also pass values from my form to the viewer?
As a way you can use the variables in report with option RequestFromUser. In this case, before rendering report these variables will be prompted for a user.
hunter wrote:I also see a property in the designer for scripting language. Where can i use scripting? - Some of my data in the database requires Base64 and AES decrypt/decoding. The scripting sounds like what i am after to decrypt it. Either that or the DataBinding event - but that doesn't seem to fire.
You can use additional scripts, code in events. As a way, you can get the value in GetValue event and make decrypt/decoding.

Let us know if you need any additional help.
Thank you.
danielwied

Input parameters

Post by danielwied »

Hi,
just tried to create a new report (2011.2 webfx) with one simple string variable (option "request from user" is on) and property "request parameters" on report level is set to true. when i switch to preview the time for compiling the report is noticeable faster then without the options and web preview always shows a blank page (no errors displayed).

hopefully i understood the way requesting user input by vars/params in viewer.

thanks in advance
Andrew

Input parameters

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

Do I understand you correct that the issue is solved?

Thank you.
Stijn

Input parameters

Post by Stijn »

danielwied wrote:Hi,
just tried to create a new report (2011.2 webfx) with one simple string variable (option "request from user" is on) and property "request parameters" on report level is set to true. when i switch to preview the time for compiling the report is noticeable faster then without the options and web preview always shows a blank page (no errors displayed).

hopefully i understood the way requesting user input by vars/params in viewer.

thanks in advance
We are experiencing the exact same problem. In the designer when going to preview we get asked to input values for the variables (where we checked request from user). When submitting the entered value the report is correctly filtered.

When we open the same report in the viewer fx we are also prompted to input values for the variables. But after submitting the report stays empty.
HighAley

Input parameters

Post by HighAley »

Hello.
Stijn wrote:We are experiencing the exact same problem. In the designer when going to preview we get asked to input values for the variables (where we checked request from user). When submitting the entered value the report is correctly filtered.
When we open the same report in the viewer fx we are also prompted to input values for the variables. But after submitting the report stays empty.
What Data Source do you use in your report? Do you have access to data in viewer fx? Please, try to open in viewer fx report without filtering and variable.

Thank you.
Stijn

Input parameters

Post by Stijn »

Aleksey wrote:Hello.
Stijn wrote:We are experiencing the exact same problem. In the designer when going to preview we get asked to input values for the variables (where we checked request from user). When submitting the entered value the report is correctly filtered.
What Data Source do you use in your report? Do you have access to data in viewer fx? Please, try to open in viewer fx report without filtering and variable.

Thank you.
We are using an sql database as source. When we don't use the filter and variables it works. When we give the variable a standard value, the data is filtered on this value when starting up de viewer fx. But if we change the value for the variable by submitting a new value, the filter (data) doesn't change.
We tried the same report in the windows forms version of the viewer and there it works.
hunter

Input parameters

Post by hunter »

Just to be 100% clear. What Daniel and Stijn are saying is exactly what one of my issues is. Except i am using the webviewer - not webfx.
HighAley

Input parameters

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

We couldn't reproduce this issue.
Please, describe how do you set filter.
Please, send a sample report template with data on support@stimulsoft.com to reproduce your issue.

Thank you.