Adobe Flash End of Life

Stimulsoft Reports.JAVA discussion
mpathma

Adobe Flash End of Life

Post by mpathma »

Hi,

My name is M.Pathma from Malaysia, I am currently evaluating Reporting tools under Java Platform (paid options, not open source)

Searching Google I found your company and Stimulsoft Reports.Fx for Java.

Which fit my requirement, I noted that all your tools use Adobe Flash technology and will work with client with Flash installed.

My concern now is as you might be aware, Adobe have stop support for Flash on Mobile, bring largest market when compared to desktop, this spell doom for Flash on desktop, maybe not tomorrow, but it's on down-hill path.

Since we are developing new tools, we wanted to make sure the tools we use have a bit longer life and can support majority for customer base.

Highly depending on Adobe Flash is making me worried. What is your though and way forward on the subject matter.

Some link for your reading;
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/bl ... dies-adobe

Looking forward for Stimulsoft view on this matter.

M.Pathma
HighAley

Re: Adobe Flash End of Life

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

We know about this situation with Adobe Flash player. Now we are developing new components for Java.
There will be Java viewer, HTML viewer and html designer with touch interface.
You could see our demo at http://mobile.stimulsoft.com/

Thank you.
mpathma

Post by mpathma »

Hi,

Great, I though so you guy will be working on alternative to Flash. Just had to make sure.

Thanks for the mobile demo link, I tried to open in my Galaxy-S3, I noted the display is not fully used, captured some image for your reference.

M.Pathma
Attachments
when I zoom
when I zoom
when I zoom into report.png (212.29 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
after I click a report page
after I click a report page
after clicking a report page.png (219.86 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
This is the view I see when I 1st open the page
This is the view I see when I 1st open the page
1st Open no report page clicked.png (183.25 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.
mpathma wrote:Great, I though so you guy will be working on alternative to Flash. Just had to make sure.
Yes, we are working on different directions and don't linger on Flash technology.
mpathma wrote:Thanks for the mobile demo link, I tried to open in my Galaxy-S3, I noted the display is not fully used, captured some image for your reference.
As we wrote before it's only beta version of our product and we are developing it now.
At this time this product was tested on tablets (iPad and Galaxy Tab). Thank you for reporting this problem. We'll try to improve this problem.
At a first glance after rotating to an album view and back the blank area disappears.

Thank you.