OData

Stimulsoft Reports.Silverlight discussion
MDeslandes

OData

Post by MDeslandes »

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating the product (Reports.Silverlight) and I wonder if there is a way to build a report based on objects available on an OData Web Service (As a new Connection type). Maybe this feature is already on the todo list ?

I've tried to to it on my own... I've been able to modify a sample, provided with the installation of the trial version, in order to add my own objects(Invoice, Invoice Lines) in the "Business Object" section of the Dictionary. I've build a report with a Data section linked to my own Business Object. I've also been able to retrieve data from my Odata Web Service and provide this data to my report. That's is great !

Now, my problem is that I don't want to return all Invoice and all Invoice Lines, I need a filter to be applied on the data before I send it to the report. I've seen an option in the Data section where we can put some Filters. Does the filter is applied by the report or it should be applied when we provided the data to the report ? The filter doesn't seems to be applied by the report itself because all my Invoices are listed in the report. I believe that the data must be filter before I provided to the report but I haven't found the place in the StiReport object where the filters are stored...

We are planning to use a report engine plugged on an OData WebService, I almost get it to work with your system, but I haven't found a way to obtain the filters...

Best regards,
Martin
Andrew

OData

Post by Andrew »

Dear Martin,

We need time to understand how the OData works, and see whether it can be applied for our engine.
Do you want to use our generator as pure Silverlight project or as Client/Server?

Thank you.