Is New Page Before and New Page After functional in FX for PHP?

Stimulsoft Reports.PHP discussion
brobar

Post by brobar »

Just curious if "New Page Before" and "New Page After" under "Page and Colulmns" parameters work for data sources? I can't seem to get them to work like I expect... but maybe I'm expecting something wrong. I've tried this on my latest version and on the online demo and neither worked.

I've got a boolean variable called "insertSched" with a default of false. It is user requested so if the user clicks the checkbox which would then set it to true I want it to print out a new page at the bottom of the report (on a new page) with a schedule on it. I've got the databand setup with the text for the schedule with a condition that should only printout the schedule if insertSched == true (thus checked). And all the conditional printing and so forth works as expected... but it doesn't print it out on a new page... it prints it out on the same page as before. In the databand parameters I have "New Page Before" set to true.

To simplify things I took out all the variable checkboxes and just simply put a databand with a text box towards the end of the report and set the "New Page Before" parameter to "true". It still doesn't print it on a new page. I tested "New Page After" and the same thing... no new page after that databand.

Is there some other way to set these parameters or are these just features not implemented in FX for PHP? I've uploaded a *really* simple example report that tested the functionality for you guys to look at.

Thanks for the assistance again guys. I know I keep asking a lot of questions. Hope I'm not bugging you too much. I just look at it as helping you guys better the product... free testing! =)

-brobar

*** EDIT ***
I'll throw this one in here too as to not create too many topics.

Is there something I can change in the XML of the .mrt file of an individual report to prevent the print and save settings from showing up (JUST IN THAT SINGLE REPORT)? We have several reports that are printable and they should be able to save/export but there is ONE report that we would like to only be previewable and not disseminated outside of the office. In the mrt files I am seeing a PreviewSettings value: 33538047

I'm sure there is something in there that controls the print and save options for the viewer but I wouldn't know what. If you guys know... what could I change that value to to hide/disable the print and save options in the viewer of a single report? Or is there somewhere else I can configure that for each individual report?

Thanks again!
Attachments
1020.NewPageBeforeTest.mrt
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Hello,
brobar wrote:Just curious if "New Page Before" and "New Page After" under "Page and Colulmns" parameters work for data sources? I can't seem to get them to work like I expect... but maybe I'm expecting something wrong. I've tried this on my latest version and on the online demo and neither worked.
In your case, please set the SkipFirst property of the databand to false. This property work only together with the NewPageBefore property.
Please check the modified report in attachment.

Thank you.
Attachments
1021.NewPageBeforeTest.zip
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 260 times