Designer Close/Unload Event

Stimulsoft Reports.Silverlight discussion
angelomarcon

Post by angelomarcon »

Hi there,

I have an application which uses the Silverlight Designer to create a report from an adhoc dataset. The template of the report is saved as a field to the database which can then be loaded to a viewer control by other users. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Close/Unload event in the designer object which would allow me to grab the report template and update the field. The only way to do this is to use the GlobalEvents SavingReportInDesigner which is manually triggered by the user.

Is there a close/unload event that I've missed? We're currently using the demo version and want to make a decision on purchase soon.

Thanks
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

We do not quite understand your question. Sorry. Do you need an event that will be triggered when you close the designer or the report?
Perhaps the Exit event of an Application will suit you.

Thank you.
angelomarcon

Post by angelomarcon »

Yes exactly, an event triggered when the designer is closed so i can grab the entire report template. Isn't the Application_Exit for the entire Silverlight application? I just want to know when the designer is closed/unloaded.

Thanks
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

We can only add events that will be triggered when a user clicks on the Close and Exit buttons in the menu of the designer. If this helps you, write us and we will add this feature into the prerelease build.

Thank you.
angelomarcon

Post by angelomarcon »

That's exactly what I require and event that's triggered when the designer clicks on the X to close the designer or when the menu item Close is selected.

That would be a handy feature.
Anton Lozovskiy

Post by Anton Lozovskiy »

Hello,

Which version of Silverlight are you using? Native or Client/Server?

Thank you.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

We have added 2 events: "Exit" and "ClosingReport". They are now available for the native version, and WCF. If you are using Client/Server version, please write us and we will make further improvements.

Thank you.
angelomarcon

Post by angelomarcon »

Thanks, which release are they in?
Anton Lozovskiy

Post by Anton Lozovskiy »

Hello,

The patch is available in prerelease build of on 25.05.2011-26.05.2011.

Thank you.
angelomarcon

Post by angelomarcon »

Well I'm pretty sure I'm using the Native version. I've downloaded the prerelease version but can't seem to find the new events. I'm assuming they're in StiOptions.Engine.GlobalEvents or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again